Dr. Raja Sekhara is a Senior Consultant Vascular Surgeon with specialist experience in treating all vascular conditions such as peripheral arterial disease (PAD), aortic aneurysm, carotid stenosis, and varicose veins. He uses the advanced and minimally invasive endovascular surgical techniques for performing vascular surgeries such as Varicose Veins Surgery, Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy, Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm Surgeries, Aortic Aneurysms & Dissection surgeries.
Dr. Raja Sekhara provides best-personalized care and management to patients with vascular conditions. He believes in holistic patient care and prepares the treatment plan accordingly. He focuses on delivering the best service, followed by excellent outcomes for both the patients and their families. He routinely performs vascular surgeries like advanced vascular surgeries, endovascular surgeries, minimally invasive procedures, and vascular reconstruction.
What Are Vascular Surgeries?
Vascular disorders are the abnormal conditions affecting the blood vessels, which carry blood to every part of the body. The vascular disorders affecting the blood vessels include Thoracic And Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA), carotid artery disease, aneurysms, critical limb ischemia, peripheral arterial disease (PAD), Pulmonary embolism, Varicose and spider veins, thoracic outlet syndrome, Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and lymphoedema.
The risk factors for vascular diseases are mainly, family history of vascular diseases, high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, being overweight, high cholesterol levels, an unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, and stress. Untreated vascular disorders lead to severe disability and death. Vascular surgeries are procedures to treat a wide range of vascular disorders and diseases.
Candidates for Vascular Surgeries
Individuals suffering from vascular disorders are the candidates for vascular surgeries. The common vascular diseases include:
- Brain or stomach aneurysm
- Peripheral artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Transient ischemic attacks
- Varicose and spider veins
- Pulmonary embolism
- Stenosis of the valves and blood vessels
- Insufficient oxygen intake
Diagnosis and Testing:
- Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) Test
- Ultrasound Scan
- Segmental Pressure Test
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography Scan
- Duplex Ultrasound Scanning
List of Vascular Surgeries Offered:
- Varicose Veins Surgery
- Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy
- Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm Surgeries
- Aortic Aneurysms & Dissection surgeries
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- A high-tech 3D electroanatomical mapping system
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Choose Dr. Raja Sekhara For Vascular Surgeries in Hyderabad?
- Treatment from dynamic, skilled, and experienced surgeon
- A thorough assessment of the donor’s heart
- Presurgical optimization of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support
- Highest standard of care and varicose vein treatment.
Vascular Surgeries in Hyderabad FAQs
What Is Aneurysm?
The aneurysm is a condition in which the wall of the artery becomes weakened or bulges outwards. It is a life-threatening emergency requiring immediate treatment.
Differentiate Arteries And Veins?
Arteries supply oxygen-rich blood from your heart to all the body parts, whereas veins supply oxygen-poor blood to your heart.
Will I Experience Any Symptoms?
Vascular disorders may not experience any symptoms during the initial stages. However, the symptoms may appear with the blockage in blood flow. The symptoms you may experience include:
- Swelling in the affected limb
- Reddish blue discoloration
- Enlargement of the superficial veins
- Skin that is warm to the touch
How Long Is The Recovery Period Following The Procedure?
There is no downtime required for vascular surgeries. You can resume all your activities immediately. However, regular exercise is advisable for faster and smoother healing.
How To Schedule An Appointment With Dr. Raja Sekhara?
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Raja Sekhara: