Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao is a leading cardiothoracic and Vascular surgeon in Hyderabad. He performs varicose veins treatment in Hyderabad for patients experiencing severe pain and discomfort due to varicose veins. Following a holistic treatment approach, he always strives to deliver the highest standard of care and varicose vein treatment.
He aims at providing the highest standards of quality in a comfortable and convenient environment. He is highly experienced in the treatment procedures to give the best possible results based on the individual patient’s condition. He always provides the patients with the best possible outcomes.
Book Your Appointment Now to get the highest standard of treatment and care for your varicose vein.
Overview Of Varicose Veins Surgery
The knotty enlarged and discolored veins caused by blood pooling in the leg veins are known as varicose veins. They mostly result from lifestyle factors and incompetent venous valves. It causes severe pain, skin problems and blood clots.
Any superficial vein can get affected. However, varicose veins in the legs are more likely to get affected because continuous standing and walking puts some pressure on the veins of the legs. Don’t ignore varicose veins, because delaying it may lead to more severe problems. Varicose veins surgery is a procedure to treat varicose veins.
Causes of Varicose Veins
The causes of varicose veins vary from patient to patient. However, the most common reason for varicose veins is considered weak or damaged valves of the veins. The other causes of varicose veins include:
- Lack of exercise
- Prolonged sitting or standing.
Signs and Symptoms of Varicose Veins
- Dark purple or blue in colored veins
- Twisted or bulging veins
- Achy or heavy feeling in your legs
- Burning and swelling in your lower legs
- Worsened pain when sitting and standing
- Itching around your veins
- Skin discoloration near the affected parts
Varicose Veins Treatment in Hyderabad
Once your diagnosis is confirmed, Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao will first recommend non-surgical treatment options, including exercise and compression stockings. If these treatments could not provide enough relief, then he may suggest surgical treatment options, including:
- Sclerotherapy: In this treatment, the doctor injects the medicines directly into blood vessels or lymph vessels. These injections cause your vein to scar and force the blood to flow through healthy veins. The discolored veins will fade away within a few weeks.
- Foam Sclerotherapy: In this procedure, a foam sclerosant injected in a blood vessel to seal it.
- Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins: Laser treatment is usually for smaller and spider veins. In this procedure, bursts of light are focused on the varicose veins to scar them out. It seals the veins entirely and allows the blood to restore their normal flow.
- Catheter-Assisted Procedures: In the catheter assisted procedures, thin catheters are used to fade away the varicose veins. The surgeon heats the tip of the catheter and inserts it into the enlarged vein. The heat used will eventually collapse the damaged veins and seals them completely.
- Vein Ligation And Vein Stripping: Vein ligation and vein stripping is a surgery to remove damaged veins. The surgeon will make the incision below the vein with a flexible instrument threaded up to the first incision. He will then grasp the vein and removes it. In this procedure, the damaged veins are tied off, and the healthy veins are left in its place to circulate blood as usual.
- Endoscopic Vein Surgery: Endo Venous Laser Ablation or EVLA is a new technique for treating varicose veins. In this procedure, the varicose veins are heated up using lasers, to eliminate the damaged veins from the walls of the veins.
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- Advanced Radiology Lab
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Choose Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao For Varicose Veins Treatment in Hyderabad?
- Treatment from dynamic, skilled, and experienced surgeon
- Presurgical optimization of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support
- Highest standard of care and varicose vein treatment.
Varicose Veins Surgery FAQs
What Happens If Varicose Veins Are Left Untreated?
Treat your varicose veins in its early stages. If left untreated, they may lead to some harmful conditions such as DVT, superficial thrombophlebitis, ulcers near the ankles and bleeding.
Can Pregnancy Cause Varicose Veins?
Pregnancy can cause varicose veins because of circulatory changes. The circulatory changes include an increase in blood volume but a decrease in its flow. The difference is to support the growing fetus. However, varicose veins developed during pregnancy doesn’t need any medical treatment.
Can Varicose Veins Surgery Treat Varicose Veins Completely?
Varicose veins surgery can only treat the existing varicose veins. They cannot stop the new varicose veins from developing. However, you can limit the development of new varicose veins by taking necessary measures such as:
- Watch your weight
- Do regular exercise
- Raise your feet when you sit
- Don’t cross your legs when you sit
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
What Are The Other Vascular Surgeries Performed By Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao?
The other vascular surgeries performed by Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao include:
- Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy
- Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm Surgeries
- Aortic Aneurysms & Dissection surgeries
How To Schedule An Appointment With Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao?
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao: