Dr. Raja Sekhara is a leading Cardiothoracic and Transplant Surgeon treating people with disorders of heart, lung, and chest. He routinely performs cardiac and cardiothoracic surgeries using state-of-the-art technology, including minimally invasive techniques. He assures you with the best treatment with world-class facilities.
Dr. Raja Sekhara pioneered the art of Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery for patients requiring multiple bypass grafts, valve replacements, and closure of holes in the heart. He performs the procedures which tend to have better outcomes for the patients. The commonly performed procedures include Lung Transplantations, VATS (Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery), Lung surgeries, Mediastinal surgeries, and Thymectomy.
Dr. Raja Sekhara provides the most appropriate care for individuals suffering from a wide range of cardiothoracic diseases. These conditions include.
- Valvular Insufficiency
- Valvular Stenosis (Blocked or Narrowed Valves)
- Left Ventricular Aneurysm (Stretched Heart Muscle)
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm (Stretched Aorta in Chest)
- Aorta Transaction
- Lung Cancer
- Mediastinal Tumours
Overview of Thoracic Surgeries
Thoracic surgery is the procedure performed on the chest area, including the heart, lungs, trachea, and esophagus. The examples of thoracic surgeries include coronary artery bypass surgery, heart transplant, and lung transplant. All these surgeries are performed either using either minimally invasive techniques or an open surgical procedure known as thoracotomy.
Thoracotomy is preferred when the surgeon has to see large portions of the chest organs. This procedure is used to confirm the diagnosis of a lung or chest area, repair the heart vessels, treat trachea disorders, remove the cancer tumors in the lungs, re-inflate lung tissues, remove pus from the chest, remove blood clots from the chest.
Common Thoracic Surgeries
- Lung Transplantations: In lung transplants, the surgeon replaces the patient’s diseased lungs with healthy lungs which come from the donor. The donor may be a living donor or deceased donor who has suffered brain death. It is a major surgery performed by Dr. Raja Sekhara on patients suffering from advanced-stage lung disease.
- VATS(Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery): VATS(Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery) is a surgical procedure to diagnose and treat diseases involving the chest area. Dr. Raja Sekhara pioneered the use of VATS (Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery) for treating several lung and pleural disorders.
- Lung surgeries: The surgeries performed to remove or repair the lung tissues are known as lung surgeries. The common lung surgeries performed by Dr. Raja Sekhara include Lung / Pleural Biopsy, Wedge resection of the lung, Lobectomy, Pneumonectomy, Lung transplant, Bullectomy, Pleurodesis, and VATS (Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery).
- Mediastinal surgeries: In this procedure, the surgeon removes small, slow-growing masses or lung tumors. These surgeries are done to treat mediastinal diseases.
- Thymectomy:The procedure to remove the thymus gland. Dr. Raja Sekhara uses three main approaches for performing thymectomies, such as the Trans-sternal approach, Transcervical approach, and Videoscopic (VATS) approach.
Diagnosis and Testing:
- Flexible bronchoscopy
- CT scan
- ECG (electrocardiogram)
- Echo (echocardiogram)
- Lung function tests
- Exercise tests
- Perfusion or ventilation scan
- PET scan
- Blood tests
- MRI scan
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- A high-tech 3D electroanatomical mapping system
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Choose Dr. Raja Sekhara For Thoracic Surgeries in Hyderabad?
- Treatment from dynamic, skilled, and experienced surgeon
- A thorough assessment of the donor’s heart
- Presurgical optimization of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support
- Highest standard of care and treatment.