Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao is the best and most coveted cardiothoracic surgeon in Hyderabad providing state of the art comprehensive cardiac care to patients suffering from all kinds of Cardiothoracic and vascular diseases. He always maintains a rational approach to provide world-class care and best possible outcomes. He is extensively trained in performing all kinds of redo heart surgeries like Redo Beating Heart Arterial CABGs, redo valve repairs and Minimal Access Redo Heart surgeries at The Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart, Tasmania, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney,Australia and Leipzig Heart Centre, Germany.
Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao is recognized for his thought leadership in the field of medical science. He adapts a minimally invasive approach for carrying out redo cardiac surgeries. Being one of the most reputed surgeons, he always offers world-class, affordable, safe, and quality care for all the patients approached him.
Redo Heart Surgeries
Redo, or Re-operative Heart surgeries are for the people with previous heart surgeries. Redo procedures helps the heart beat more efficiently and enables them to live longer. The cardiac conditions aggravate over time and requires constant management to avoid death and complexities. Heart surgery is repeated to repair the defect in the heart, to replace a degenerated or dysfunctional prosthetic valve or to provide new Bypass grafts for the blocked previous bypass grafts .
Common Redo Heart Surgeries
Redo heart surgeries are commonly performed for the following procedures.
- Mitral heart valve Repair / Replacement for previous CMV / OMV / AVR / CABG
- Tricuspid Valve Repair following previous MVR / AVR
- Aortic heart valve Repair / Replacement following previous MVR / VSD Repair
- Bypass surgery following previous CABG graft blockage
- Aortic / LV Aneurysm repairs
Diagnosis and Testing:
- Blood workup
- Chest X-Ray
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Carotid Doppler/Ultrasound Study
- Trans Thoracic / Trans Oesophageal Echocardiogram
- ECG-gated SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging
- Heart Catheterization including Coronary Angiography
- Computed Tomography Scan of the chest
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Redo Heart Surgeries in Hyderabad
Redo heart surgeries are performed in the following ways:
- Open: In this surgery, a long incision will be made on your chest and involves separation of the breast bone.
- Minimally Invasive Techniques: In this surgery, only 3 to 4 cms long cut is mademade in the chest.
- Percutaneous method: In this procedure, the chest cavity is accessed through a needle puncture on the skin.
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- A high-tech 3D electroanatomical mapping system
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao for Redo Heart Surgeries in Hyderabad?
- Redo heart surgeries from the dynamic, skilled, and experienced surgeon with very well trained cohesive team
- A thorough assessment of the patient’s Heart condition
- Presurgical optimization of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support
Redo Heart Surgeries in Hyderabad – FAQs
What Are The Benefits of Redo Heart Surgeries?
The benefits of Redo Heart Surgeries include:
- Longer life expectancy
- More energy and less fatigue
- Less chest pain
What Are Redo Aneurysm Repairs?
Aneurysms is a progressive disease which leads to life-threatening conditions. Redo aneurysms are performed in the areas close to a previously repaired aneurysm.
What Is Redo Bypass Surgery?
Sometimes blocks may develop even after the first bypass surgery. In such cases, second bypass surgery may be done to clear the heart blockages.
What Are The Other Cardiac Surgeries Performed By Dr. Rajasekhara Rao?
- Heart transplant surgery
- Off-Pump CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting)
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgeries
- Valve Repairs & Replacements
- Adult Congenital Heart surgery
- ECMO & VAD Surgeries
- CABG with Arterial Grafts
- Infective Endocarditis Surgery
- VATS ( Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery)
How To Contact Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao?
To contact Dr. Rajasekhara Rao:
Disclaimer : Information furnished above is for educating patient. Please contact Dr Raja Sekhara Rao for any further clarification