Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao is a highly experienced Cardiothoracic and vascular Surgeon in Hyderabad conducting comprehensive and multi-disciplinary programs right from the diagnosis and prevention to treatment. He is renowned for being a safe, reliable, and experienced doctor with an excellent professional record of performing successful peripheral arterial surgeries which range from peripheral arterial trauma, embolectomies and peripheral arterial bypass surgeries..
One among the few Cardiothoracic surgeons in Hyderabad, Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao aims at providing high-quality care at a nominal cost. He follows the international standards using cutting edge technology. He also performs cardiac and thoracic surgeries for patients suffering from related disorders.
His area of expertise is performing all kinds of cardiac surgeries such as Heart Transplantation Surgery, Off-Pump CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting), Minimally Invasive Heart Surgeries, Valve Repairs & Replacements, Adult Congenital Heart surgeries, ECMO & VAD Surgeries, CABG with Arterial grafts, Infective Endocarditis Surgeries and Redo Heart Surgeries.
Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy
The sudden disruption of blood flow to a peripheral artery because of embolus (clot) that comes from other body parts such as Heart is referred to as Peripheral arterial embolism. Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy is a procedure to treat Peripheral arterial embolism.
Peripheral arterial embolectomy is a surgery to remove the thrombi (blood clots) which are blocking the blood circulation. It is performed on an emergency basis because the permanent obstruction of significant blood flow to an organ or limb leads to necrosis. The other therapeutic options for embolisms include anticoagulation and thrombolysis.
When Is Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy Needed?
Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy is usually needed when you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Cold arm or leg
- Reduced pulse in an arm or leg
- Fingers or hands feel cool
- Loss of mobility in the arm or leg
- Muscle pain or spasm in the affected area
- The pale color of the arm or leg (pallor)
- The weakness of an arm or leg
- Blisters of the skin because of an affected artery
- Numbness and tingling in one or both arms or legs
- Shedding (sloughing) of skin
- Skin erosion (ulcer)
- Tissue death
- Pain in the affected body part
- Temporarily decreased organ function
Diagnosis and Testing:
- Conventional Angiography of the affected extremity or organ
- Duplex Doppler ultrasound exam of extremity
- CT Angiography of the arm or leg
- Contrast echocardiography (MCE)
- Transcranial Doppler exam
- Euglobulin lysis time (ELT)
- Factor VIII assay
- Isotope study of the affected organ
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) activity
- Platelet aggregation test
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA) levels
Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy Procedure:
Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao performs an embolectomy procedure in two ways, including:
Catheter Embolectomy: It is a minimally invasive procedure in which a catheter is inserted in the affected vessel to remove the blood clot. It requires a minimal recovery period and involves fewer side effects.
Surgical Embolectomy: It is a form of open surgery in which your surgeon removes the blood clots through the blood vessel. During this procedure, a Fogarty balloon catheter or other device may be used to retrieve clots from the blood vessel to restore blood supply to that extremity or organ..
To know more about the procedure, call at: ………………………….
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- A high-tech 3D electroanatomical mapping system
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Choose Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao For Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy in Hyderabad?
- Surgery from dynamic, skilled and experienced surgeon
- Presurgical optimization of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support at an affordable cost
Peripheral Arterial Embolectomy FAQs
How To Take Care Of Incisions?
- Always keep your incision clean and dry
- Wash your hands before changing the dressings
Will I Be Given Any Medications?
Yes, you will be given medications for:
- Managing pain
- Preventing infection
- Relaxing and widening blood vessels
- Preventing blood clots
- Controlling cholesterol levels
- Allowing smoother blood flow through blood vessels
How to Prevent Peripheral arterial embolism?
- Quit smoking
- Do regular exercise
- Control your blood pressure
- Control your cholesterol levels
- Control your diabetes
- Control your overweight
- Control your stress levels
What Happens when Peripheral arterial embolism is Left Untreated?
The untreated peripheral arterial embolism leads to following complications.
- Tissue death (necrosis) and gangrene of the extremity or organ
- Infection in the affected tissue
- Septic shock
- Decrease or loss of other organ functions
- Kidney failure
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Stroke (CVA)
What Are The Other Vascular Surgeries Performed By Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao?
The other vascular surgeries performed by Dr. Raja Sekhar include:
- Varicose Veins Surgery
- Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm Surgeries
- Aortic Aneurysms & Dissection surgeries
- Peripheral arterial bypass surgeries
How To Contact Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao?
To contact Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao:
Disclaimer: Information furnished is purely for educating patients. Please contact Dr Raja Sekhara Rao for any further clarification