Dr. Rajasekhara Rao performs minimally invasive heart surgeries whenever possible, to treat your heart conditions. He possesses a superior level of experience and specialization in performing all types of minimally invasive cardiac procedures. He uses advanced and high-resolution imaging technology to achieve precise and long-lasting results.
As the most renowned cardiac surgeon in Hyderabad, Dr. Rajasekhara Rao treats complex heart conditions using minimally invasive surgical techniques. He performs a wide range of cardiac procedures, which include aneurysm repair, beating heart bypass surgery, CABG surgery, heart valve surgery, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), and minimally invasive surgical ablation.
What Are Minimally Invasive Heart Surgeries?
The heart is a vital organ which gets affected due to several factors such as smoking, drinking, stress, and others. Some people get affected by heart diseases due to their lifestyle factors, whereas few are born with them. However, most of the cardiac disorders today are curable with the introduction of latest medical technology.
Minimally invasive cardiac surgeries are alternatives to open-heart surgery. In these procedures, the surgeon makes smaller incisions on the side of the chest, between the ribs.
Unlike open-heart surgery, this procedure involves smaller incisions and causes less pain and requires a shorter recovery period. It gives a better view of the inner parts of the heart and may need a heart-lung machine to stop the temporary functioning of your heart.
Common Conditions Treated:
Dr. Rajasekhara performs minimally invasive cardiac surgeries to treat:
- Mitral valve repair or replacement
- Aortic valve repair or replacement
- Tricuspid valve repair or replacement
- Modified maze procedure
- Atrial septal defect repairs
- Patent foramen ovale repairs
- Limited coronary artery bypass grafting
- Epicardial lead placement
Candidate For Minimally Invasive Heart Surgeries:
Patients suffering from cardiac heart disease such as aortic, mitral, and tricuspid valve stenosis, atrial septal defect repairs, and patent foramen ovale repairs are considered as the ideal candidates for minimally invasive heart surgeries. These surgeries may be suitable for everyone.
Before suggesting minimally invasive heart surgery, Dr. Rajasekhara Rao conducts a preoperative evaluation to determine whether the procedure is suitable for you or not. He possesses extensive experience and expertise in performing this advanced technique.
The procedure for minimally invasive heart surgery varies from patient to patient depending on the heart condition. To know more about the process, call at: +91-8008076546
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- A high-tech 3D electroanatomical mapping system
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Choose Dr. Rajasekhara For Heart Transplantation Surgery in Hyderabad?
- Minimally invasive heart surgery from dynamic, skilled, and experienced surgeon
- Presurgical optimization of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support
- Excellent and exceptional care
Minimally Invasive Heart surgeries FAQs
What Choose Minimally Invasive Heart surgeries?
The benefits of minimally invasive heart surgeries include:
- Small incisions
- Small scars
- Less pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Lower risk of infection
- Lower risk of bleeding
- Quicker recovery time
What Are The Disadvantages Of Open Heart Surgery?
The disadvantages of open-heart surgery include:
- Opening of a full chest
- The need for bone separation
- 7 to 9 days hospitalization
- Larger recovery period
- Heart-lung machine
- High risk of infection
- Deep scars
- More bleeding
- Noticeable pain & discomfort
- May affect breathing
- Low hospitalization cost
When Can I Get Back To Work?
As minimally invasive surgeries require shorter hospital stays that is 2-3 days, you can get back to work within two weeks following the surgery.
Can Multiple Heart Blockages Be Treated In One Surgery?
Yes, even the multiple heart blockages can be treated with the minimally invasive cardiac procedure. However, this doesn’t mean the individuals with numerous heart blockages can go for this procedure.
Can a Diabetic Patient Undergo Minimally Invasive Heart surgery?
A diabetic patient with good quality of blood vessels can undergo this procedure. However, postoperative care is a must after the process.
What Are The Other Cardiac Surgeries Performed By Dr. Rajasekhara Rao?
- Heart Transplantation Surgery
- Off-Pump CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting)
- Valve Repairs & Replacements
- Adult Congenital Heart surgery
- ECMO & VAD Surgeries
- CABG with Arterial Grafts
- Infective Endocarditis Surgery
- Redo Heart Surgeries
How To Contact Dr. Rajasekhara rao?
To contact Dr. Rajasekhara Rao: