Dr Raja Sekhara Rao has an extensive history of performing lung surgeries for treating various lung diseases, including cancer, collapsed lungs, and lung tissue infection and damage. He possesses a track record of achieving excellent surgical outcomes, which are consistent and considered to be the best lung surgeon in Hyderabad.
Dr Raja Sekhara Rao follows a modernised approach to lung surgeries and carefully analyses your condition and determine the best option for you. He has specialised expertise in performing lung surgeries, including Biopsy, Wedge resection, Lobectomy, Pneumonectomy, Lung transplant, and Pleurodesis. He always focuses on providing the best care that meets your needs.
Overview Of Lung Surgeries:
Lung surgeries include procedures that are performed on the lung tissues. It is mostly suggested to patients suffering from lung diseases such as lung cancer, collapsed lungs,lung injury, infection, fluid buildup in the chest, and destroyed lung tissue..
Lung surgery can be performed either to remove unwanted growth, treat collapsed lung injuries, remove blood or blood clots (hemothorax), remove lung tumors, remove infection in the chest cavity, stop fluid buildup in the chest cavity, remove blood clots from pulmonary artery, treat tuberculosis complications, and inflate collapsed lung tissues.
Common Lung Surgeries:
The common lung surgeries performed by Dr Raja Sekhara Rao are:
- Lung / Pleural Biopsy
- Wedge resection of lung
- Lung transplant
- VATS (Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery)
Common Conditions Treated:
- Lung cancer
- Lung cavity
- Destroyed Lung
- Loculated Pleural effusion
Reasons For Performing Lung surgeries
- To remove unwanted growth
- To treat collapsed lung injuries
- To remove blood or blood clots (hemothorax)
- To remove lung tumours
- To remove the infection in the chest cavity
- To stop fluid buildup in the chest cavity
- To remove a blood clot from the pulmonary artery
- To treat complications of tuberculosis
- To inflate collapsed lung tissues
Lung Surgeries: Procedure Details
Lung surgery can be performed in two ways, including:
- Thoracotomy: Thoracotomy is an open surgery in which an incision is made alongside the chest wall to your back. The ribs will be separated, and your lungs will be deflated to stop the airflow. The proposed lung surgery is performed and drainage tubes or chest tubes will be placed to drain out the fluid buildup. After draining out the fluid, the ribs, chest muscles and bones will be closed using sutures.
- Video-assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery: In Video-assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery, surgeon makes 2 or 3 small keyholes in chest wall and inserts a thoracoscope into chest cavity. Now, the part of the lungs, blood, or fluid accumulated will be removed from your lungs. It causes less pain and provides you with faster recovery than open lung surgery.
To know more about the lung surgeries, talk to Dr Raja Sekhara Rao at:
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- A high-tech 3D electroanatomical mapping system
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Choose Dr Rajasekhara Rao for Lung Surgeries in Hyderabad?
- Lung transplantation surgery from dynamic, skilled, and experienced surgeon
- A thorough assessment of the donor’s heart
- Presurgical optimisation of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support
- Excellent postoperative and preoperative care
Lung Surgeries FAQs
What Choose Minimally Invasive Lung Surgeries Over Open Surgery?
The advantages of minimally invasive lung surgeries include:
- Small incisions
- Less pain
- Lower risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- A faster recovery time
- Less scarring
- Reduced blood loss
What is a Chest Tube?
The chest tube is nothing but a drainage tube that drains out fluid, blood, and air from your lungs after the surgery.
Why Is It Important To Walk?
Walking a mile each day prevents blood clots in your legs and helps you in preventing further complications such as pneumonia
Will I Be Able To Eat After The Surgery?
You can continue your regular diet when you are ready. Talk to Dr Raja Sekhar to know more about food.
Is It Normal To Feel Tired After The Surgery?
Yes, you will feel tired after the surgery, but recovery time varies from person to person depending upon the nature of their disease. Increase your activities each day and try not to take a nap during the day.
What Are The Thoracic Surgeries Performed By Dr Raja Sekhara Rao?
- VATS (Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery)
- Lung Transplant
- Mediastinal surgeries for tumors and Bronchogenic cysts
- Thymectomy for thymoma and Myasthenia gravis
How To Contact Dr Raja Sekhara Rao?
To contact Dr Raja Sekhara Rao: