Dr. Rajasekhara Rao is one of the best cardiothoracic surgeons in Hyderabad. He carries out heart transplant surgery by using the most advanced technology for the patients who have tried all the medical therapies. He is a leading, and experienced heart surgeon in Hyderabad and performed over more than 14,000+ heart surgeries. Firstly, he will get to know you and understands all your concerns to provide the most appropriate treatment options that meet your needs.
Dr. Rajasekhara is an experienced, dynamic, and eminent heart transplant surgeon with super specialization in cardiac surgeries. The cardiac surgeries he does are Off-Pump CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting), Minimally Invasive Heart Surgeries, Valve Repairs & Replacements, Adult Congenital Heart surgery, ECMO & VAD Surgeries, CABG with Arterial grafts, Endocarditis Surgery, and Redo Heart Surgeries.
Overview Of Heart Transplantation Surgery
Heart failure is a chronic heart disease wherein your heart fails to function correctly. In such cases, patients with heart failure feel tired, breathless, and fatigue. Medications can help you manage these symptoms. However, when the disease gets advanced, even speaking a few words would be more challenging.
Heart Transplantation Surgery is a treatment for heart failure. It is done to the patients who have tried all other conventional medical or surgical interventions, but couldn’t get better. The donor’s heart is usually from a donor who has suffered brain death.
Heart Transplantation is a highly sensitive procedure as it involves the replacement of a failed heart with the new and healthy one.
In rare occasions, multi-organ transplantations are also performed to treat complex cases. The multi-organ transplants carried out by Dr. Rajasekhara, include:
- Heart-kidney transplant: The cardiac surgeons recommend Heart-kidney transplants to patients suffering from both kidney and heart failure.
- Heart-Lung Transplant: Heart-lung transplants exist for patients suffering from lung diseases in addition to heart failure.
- Heart-Liver Transplant: Heart-liver transplants are for patients suffering from severe liver diseases in addition to heart failure.
Indications For Heart Transplantation:
The significant conditions requiring heart transplantation include:
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Cardiomyopathy or weakening of the heart muscles
- Previously failed heart transplant procedure
- Inoperable Coronary artery disease
- Congenital heart defects not suitable for any surgery
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Viral infection of the heart muscle
- Post partum Cardiomyopathy
Candidate For Heart Transplant
You are a candidate for a heart transplantation surgery if you.
- Are likely to die without a heart transplant
- Have tried all other conventional medical or surgical interventions
- Have sound health other than heart failure
- Are not suffering from infections, diseases, and obesity
- Ready to change your regular lifestyle
- Are a case of previous heart transplant surgery
Heart Transplantation Surgery in Hyderabad
Heart transplantation surgery is performed in 3 stages, as follows.
First Stage: In this stage, the doctor harvests the heart from a donor who has suffered brain death. Brain death occurs when there is a severe injury or trauma to the head, but other parts are working well. The harvested part is transported onto the ice to keep it functioning until the implantation is completed.
Second Stage: In this stage, the surgeon removes the diseased or damaged heart of the patient. If the recipient has or had previous heart transplant surgery, then it would be difficult for the surgeon as it involves removal of both implants and scar tissues.
Third Stage: It is the final stage of heart transplant surgery. During this stage, the doctor replaces the donor’s healthy heart with the recipient’s damaged or diseased heart. Once the heart is transplanted, you will have five lines of stitches connecting the large blood vessels.
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- A high-tech 3D electroanatomical mapping system
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Choose Dr. Rajasekhara Rao For Heart Transplantation Surgery in Hyderabad?
- Heart transplantation surgery from dynamic, skilled, and experienced surgeon
- A thorough assessment of the donor’s heart
- Presurgical optimization of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support
- Excellent preoperative and aftercare
- Has team of Heart Failure Cardiologists & Surgeons
Heart Transplantation Surgery in Hyderabad FAQS
Who are the specialists involved in Heart Transplantation Surgery?
The following are the specialists involved in heart transplant surgeries:
- Cardiovascular surgeon
What Are The Symptoms For Heart Failure?
The symptoms of advanced heart failure include:
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent coughing
- Swollen feet, ankles, and legs
- Abdominal swelling and pain
- Dizziness or fainting
What Are The Signs Of Rejection Of New Heart?
The following are the few signs of rejection:
- Shortness of breath
- Weight gain
- Reduced amounts of urine
How Does The Rejection of Donor’s Heart is Diagnosed?
Dr. Rajasekhar diagnoses and monitors the rejection of a donor’s heart using a simple operation known as endomyocardial biopsy. It is mostly an outpatient procedure.
What If The Transplant Rejection Is Present?
If the transplant rejection is present, your surgeon adjusts it with the help of immunosuppressive therapy.
Can I Get Pregnant After Heart Transplantation?
You can get pregnant even after heart transplant surgery. Talk to your heart transplant surgeon before planning for a pregnancy.
How Successful are Heart Transplants?
With no complications, you can lead a successful and healthy life. However, the success of heart transplants depends on the severity of heart failure. Dr. Rajasekhara Rao will discuss the mortality rates of patients who have heart transplants.
Why Are Heart Transplants Rare?
Heart transplants are rare because to perform heart transplants; one should have a terrible heart condition & good health. The second primary reason is the lack of heart transplant donors.
What Are The Other Cardiac Surgeries Performed By Dr. Rajasekhara Rao?
- Off-Pump CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting)
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgeries
- Valve Repairs & Replacements
- Adult Congenital Heart surgery
- ECMO & VAD Surgeries
- CABG with Arterial Grafts
- Infective Endocarditis Surgery
- Redo Heart Surgeries
How To Contact Dr. Rajasekhara?
To contact Dr Rajasekhara: