Dr. Raja Sekhara Rao is one of the most recommended cardiothoracic surgeons in Hyderabad. He possesses hands-on experience and expertise in treating patients with adult congenital heart diseases. He works closely with a team of cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, and interventional cardiologists to prepare the customized treatment plan, which helps them to return to an optimal quality of life.
Being a highly dedicated, experienced Cardiac Surgeon, Dr. Raja Sekhara Raoperforms cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries with comprehensive care and compassion. He uses cutting edge technology to provide patients with faster recovery and reduced pain. He is also a trained surgeon well equipped to manage the complicated heart conditions.
Overview of Congenital Heart Diseases
The heart, valves, or arteries diseases present from birth are known as congenital heart diseases. They range from mild to severe, and the exact causes of heart diseases are not known. However, there are numerous procedures to correct these heart defects.
Congenital heart defects occur within eight weeks of the baby’s development and affect 1 in 1,000 babies born. Most congenital heart defects require careful monitoring where some heart defects require medication or surgery. Adult congenital heart surgery is a procedure to treat Adult congenital heart defects.
Common Congenital Heart Diseases:
The common congenital heart diseases affecting adults include:
- Congenital valve defects
- Atrial and ventricular septal defects
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Anomalous Pulmonary Veins
- Coarctation of the Aorta (CoA)
- Ebstein Anomaly
- Pulmonary Artery Stenosis
- Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)
- Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Symptoms of Congenital Heart Diseases:
The symptoms of congenital heart diseases include:
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- A tint to the skin, and fingernails
- Shortness of breath
- Tiring quickly upon exertion
- Swelling of body tissue or organs
Diagnosis and Testing:
- Transesophageal echocardiogram
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Cardiac catheterization
- Chest x-ray
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
Treatments and Procedures
- Adult and pediatric cardiothoracic surgeries
- CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft)
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
- Reconstructive surgery for diffuse coronary artery disease
- Surgery for ischemic mitral regurgitation
- Surgery for post-infarct ventricular septal defects
- Re-do heart valve surgery and CABG surgery
- Left ventricular reconstructive surgery
- Valve repair and replacements
- Stentless heart valve surgery
- Grown-Up Congenital Heart (GUCH) operations
- Open heart surgery for congenital heart defects
- Aortic Valve Sparing Root Replacement
- Minimally invasive surgery for congenital atrial septal defect, aortic and mitral valve replacements
- Thoracic surgery
- State of the art-digital cath lab
- A high-tech 3D electroanatomical mapping system
- Well-equipped ICUs and OT
- Special clinics
- Intensive care units
- Advanced OT facilities
- Postoperative care unit with monitoring facilities
- Echo Lab with advanced non-invasive facilities
- Adult and Paediatric heart surgeries
Why Choose Dr. Raja Sekhara For Adult Congenital Heart Surgery in Hyderabad?
- Highly qualified, experienced cardiothoracic surgeon
- A thorough assessment of the donor’s heart
- Presurgical optimization of overall health
- High-quality medical care
- State of the art operation theatres
- Use of latest technology and robust diagnostic support
- Minimally Invasive heart surgery with excellent results
- Highest level of care promptly
- Best long-term results
- Superior Quality integrated healthcare
- High standards of excellence
Adult Congenital Heart Surgery in Hyderabad FAQs
What Causes Congenital Heart Diseases?
The causes of congenital heart diseases include:
- Genetic defects
- Environmental exposure
What Are The Common Congenital Heart Diseases in Children?
The types of congenital heart diseases in children are a ventricular septal defect, atrial septal defect, and Tetralogy of Fallot.
Can A Child Acquire A Heart Problem?
Some heart problems develop over time. These include myocarditis, cardiomyopathy, rheumatic heart disease, and Kawasaki disease.
Is a Child With A Congenital Heart Diseases at Increased Risk From Infection?
Children suffering from heart defects should have antibiotics taken at the time of tooth extractions. The primary way is to avoid bacteria from entering into the blood.
Will My Child Be in Pain After The Surgery?
Your child will have some degree of pain after the surgery. However, over the counter pain relievers can help you manage the pain.
I Have Congenital Heart Disease. Will I Get Pregnancy?
Pregnancy is entirely safe for children with congenital heart diseases. However, more risky cases will be identified and cared for accordingly.
Are There Any Risks To My Baby?
Some congenital heart diseases pass on to the baby from the mother. However, the doctor will suggest the appropriate medications for treating your condition.
What Are The Other Cardiac Surgeries Performed By Dr. Rajasekhara?
- Off-Pump CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting)
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgeries
- Valve Repairs & Replacements
- Heart Transplant Surgery
- ECMO & VAD Surgeries
- CABG with Arterial Grafts
- Infective Endocarditis Surgery
- Redo Heart Surgeries
How To Contact Dr. Rajasekhara?
To contact Dr Rajasekhar: